Monday, August 8, 2011

My Husband's Favorite Hot Dog Sauce

Until I met my husband, the only "hot dog sauce" I had ever heard of was in a can.  But when I tasted this homemade hot dog sauce, I was hooked!  It's super easy and super good!  It has a little bit of a sweet taste...really reminds a little of Sloppy Joe meat. To make the meat very fine, I cook it over medium-low heat and add about 1/2 cup water.  Most of my recipes on my blog will be very simple because that's what I like to cook and that's what my husband likes to eat!  I am definitely no gourmet cook but if this stuff works for us, then maybe it'll work for someone else!  : )

Hot Dog Sauce

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste

I'm not a food photographer...obviously!  Sorry!  : )
Cook green pepper with ground beef in medium saucepan. Drain.  Add remainder of ingredients to pot and cook about 20 mins over medium-low heat, stir occasionally.  Serve over hot dogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment